One of my missions with being a wedding photographer in Norway is to introduce the concept of engagement photos to the "average" Jane and Joe. I mean , I'm probably not the first one to do engagement shoots here in Norway and definitely not the only one. It's a growing trend amongst us photographers but the average Norwegian person doesn't quite know about it yet. Here are some super positive reasons why everyone should book an engagement shoot:
- You have probably never been photographed professionally together before. This is a chance to get to practice on that.
- You get to know me much better and get hands on experience with the way I work (which is super helpful before, let's say, the wedding day).
- I get to know YOU which is equally important.
- You get photos without the whole wedding thing. Just true, real and down to earth photos of who you are.
- Many of my clients have used their engagement photos for save the dates, invitations, decorations in the wedding, signing books, chocolate wrapping paper (I know, right?!) and other cool stuff that I forgot right now.
- All your guests and families see the awesome photos I make so I get treated with respect in your wedding which makes my day documenting you that much better.
That last one was selfish, but think about it. It doesn't hurt ;)
I had such a good time with Siri and Rune in Oslo just before easter. Their wedding is coming up early June and I'm sooo excited I can barely contain myself!